Friday, October 14, 2011

"You're Really Going To Eat That?"


Yes, actually, now suck it!

That's the response I usually want to give to the person asking that question, you know, the same person who makes sure you are working out regularly, and know what's best for you and your unborn child? Yeah, that Bi#ch.

The funniest thing is that, the person on the other side of this is usually the same one who doesn't think I can lift a piece of tissue paper, and I should find out the gender of my child, and that I should get an epidural and do things as unnatural, medicated, (and potentially harmful and selfish) as possible when it comes to birth. But God forbid I even pick up a box of hair dye. Gasp! I am not smoking, doing drugs, or drinking, and I am not even eating deli meats or soft cheeses, so lay off!

I started this pregnancy at a higher weight than I wish I was, but other than a few minor injury-related health problems, (back issues pretty much) I have been told that I am as healthy as an ox, or rather a woman you would want having a baby. And in my 5 months of pregnancy I have only gained a mere 2 pounds, despite my ever growing baby. My heart rate, blood pressure, and over all health is great, so if I want to pick up a god-damned french fry, I will.

We all have that one person on a regular basis who loooooves to throw their opinion in there and make sure you know, that they know, what is best for you, even if they don't follow their own advice, but when you become pregnant, you suddenly have every one of those people who exists in this world finding you.

So, until my doctor or my health tells me otherwise, I will eat a few french fries, I will dye my hair every other month in a well ventilated area, and I will continue to tell you to "suck it" under my breath as you walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment